Sunday, July 4, 2010

Blessed

I am so blessed. God never ceases to amaze me and surprise me. He is so faithful and good and persistant. I think He is altogether Yummy.

Recently I was really struggling with Him with some things regarding my future, my calling, and these trips to Argentina. I had pretty much given up on the October trip, since our first payment deadline was in a couple of weeks and I was still short on the first trip. I was having a battle in myself between my intellect (what is smart, reasonable, and responsible) and my intuition (knowledge in my spirit that something is going on). I finally cried out to Him that I needed Him to INTERVENE and to speak to me.

Oh goodness. Ask and you shall receive. Seek and you shall find. Knock and the door will be opened to you. I think He was on the edge of His seat waiting for me to ask. That day, out of the blue, everyone I was in contact with had something to say about my name ("wait, what does that have to do with anything...oh, her name is Destiny...I get it.") People who have known me for years and are over the novelty of it. God was just stirring in me the fact that I am created with a specific destiny. My name is no accident. It is a part of who I am and what He is doing with me.

Then, very unexpectedly, I received a very generous donation in mail towards my trips that fully paid off my first trip and put me well on my way for the second. I cried. I went into the accounting office and cried. I cried in a box. I cried with a fox. I was SO GRATEFUL how the Lord not only provided, but spoke to my heart and affirmed, "Yes, Desteni, you are not imagining this. You are following me. I am doing real things in your life."

And if that were not enough, He has decided to speak to me constantly. Now, I believe that God is always trying to communicate with us, but I mean speaking to me in a particular way. For example, I had three people pray over me VERBATIM the exact same prayer. "Lord, give Desteni the HOPE and the FAITH to be able to reach her DESTINY." It wasn't on topic. And we weren't even praying over one another. People just took it upon themselves to pray for me.

And you know what else I love? He has been speaking correction to me. Areas of my heart that still need to be dealt with in order to make me a trustworthy vessel. Wish it could be done overnight, but I love walking it out with Him.

Please refer to my Prayer Requests on the side if you'd like to be a part of my prayer team. I feel like it is a very key time for me and I would appreciate people advocating for me in prayer.

If you'd like to help financially (I still need about $1400 to fund the rest of the October trip), please send checks made to City of Grace (with Desteni-Argentina in the memo) to 655 E University Dr, Mesa, AZ 85203 ATTN: Outreach.

Thanks.

"That's all I gotta say about that..."

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I cried in a box, I cried with a fox?! Wonderful. That is always a good look for you.

Thank you for sharing. you are an encouragement to me that God is always in control and knows each of us intimately. No fair that you are His favorite though...